If you’re an Infinix Smart 2 1GB users, now you can upgrade your Smart 2 device to Android 9.0 Pie. We all know Infinix started rolling out Android Pie for Tecno Smart 2 device months ago, leaving the 1GB users at “when are we getting Android Pie for Smart 2 1GB”. Well, If you’re a Infinix Smart 2 1GB user searching for Android 9.0 Pie custom for Infinix Smart 2, then you’ve landed on the right page. On this page you’ll find AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Infinix Smart 2 (X5515) with MediaTek MT6739, Kernel 4.4.94+ running Android 8.1.0 and the step by step guide on how to install the ROM.
AOSP Pie custom ROM mimics Google’s stock Android Pie OS. AOSP ROM doesn’t include many customization features like RR ROM and many others, it’s basically an AOSP ROM with little theme options to make your device look cool on the interface. This ROM was not ported nor built by me, it simply a GSI ROM that can be installed on any Treble enabled Android smartphone. All credits goes to Phusson, the developer behind AOSP ROM.
AOSP Pie custom ROM comes bloatware free, it’s fast, smooth and uses the battery well. It contains all the major features in Android 9.0 and the best custom ROM for Infinix Smart 2 at the moment.
AOSP Android Pie Features
AOSP ROM comes with all the feature you’d expect to find a Google’s stock OS, you’ll get almost the same pixel experience on your Infinix Smart 2 device.
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
- And lots more…
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
Device name: Infinix Smart 2 Device model: X5155 Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo / Go edition Device chipset: MT6739 Device Kernel: 4.4.94+ Device architecture: 32bit Device bootloader: Unlocked
ROM name: AOSP ROM OS version: Android 9.0 Pie SDK Version: 27 Status: Stable Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Disclaimer: Before you proceed to installing Infinix Smart 2 Android Pie custom ROM, make sure you take a nandoid backup (nvdata and IMEI are very important). This site or its author will not be responsible if you damage your device in the process of flashing a custom rom.
How to install AOSP Android Pie for Infinix Smart 2
You can install GSI Android ROMs with two simple methods which will be explained below. Please read the disclaimer notice before installing this Android Pie ROM for Infinix Smart 2
Method 1 – Using TWRP
- Download AOSP GSI ROM from the below link
- Copy the downloaded GSI file to the root of your SD, if the ROM is in zip or rar format, simply extract it to get the img file
- Extract the Vendor Mod to a folder (we’ll be using it at the end of the installation)
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP perform a factory reset, or siply use the advance option to wipe the cache and data partition.
- Then tap of the install button, select the install image button on the next screen
- Select the ROM img file and select the system partition in which you want to install the ROM on the next screen.
- The installation process will begin, so sit back while it installs.
- Once installation is complete, reboot.
Method 2 – Using ADB (Works for non root users too)
- Download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Infinix Smart 2.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your adb and fastboot folder
- Now, perform a factory reset either from your device settings or using your stock recovery if not rooted.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command; fastboot erase system
- Then flash the ROM using the command fastboot flash system name_of_system.img.
- Once installation is complete, reboot.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed Android Pie Custom ROM on your device.
Note: The first boot takes 5-10minutes to complete, so, take a walk or do something during the boot process. Once booting is complete, you’ll get a welcome screen and then proceed with the device setup.
If you’re finding it difficult to install AOSP Android 9.0 custom ROM for Infinix Smart 2, simply use the comment system below and I’ll get back you asap!.
How to fix device not certified after installing AOSP ROM on Infinix Smart 2
- Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. You can find that by installing Device ID apk, download the application here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open the app and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) code.
- Now go to this webpage.
- Paste your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box and tap “Register”.
- Your registered ID should appear on the page, reboot you device and you should now be able to sign-in to Google play store and use gapps.
- Mudasiru Adewale (for sharing)