ColorOS V2.0.1 custom ROM for Tecno Y2 with MediaTek MT6572, Android Kitkat, 3.4.67 Kernel. OPPO ColorOS is based on Android, it combines speed, efficiency and stability to bring pixels to life. ColorOS for MT6572 can be installed on any device with similar chispet and kernel with Tecno Y2 but needs to be ported in other for it to work.
Color OS Featres:
- Smooth UI Design - System Wide Animation - Live Weather 2.0 - Global Gesture Panel 2.0 - Redesigned Task Manager - Easy Crop for Screenshots - Single Layer Launcher - Super Power Saving - Memory Cleaner - And many more...
- DUAL SIM - Rooted - Oppo WeatherWidget - Oppo Camera - Oppo Plugin Camera - Oppo Theme ColorOS 2.15i - Oppo wallpaper - Build in Dolby Digital Plus - Viper4 Sound FX - Additional setting app - CPU Control - CPU Status - Download EPO.dat - Adblock - Wakelock Detector - Font Rosemary - Font Chococooky - 3 Finger Screensort - 2 Finger Sound control - VPN - Oppo app etc.
- Device name: Tecno - Device model: Y2 - Device stock OS: KitKat 4.4.2 - Device chipst: MT6572 - Device kernel: 3.4.67
- ROM name: ColorOS - ROM version: V2.0.1! - ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat - ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x - ROM Firmware Required: cwm recovery,twrp - Version Information - Status: Stable
How to install ColorOS V2.0.1 custom ROM for Tecno Y2
- Download ColorOS Custom ROM from the link below
- Place the downloaded rom in your sd card or internal storage where u can easily locate it
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery mode, tap on the wipe option
- In the wipe section, tap on advance
- Now, tick te following partition to wipe in the advance menu » System, data, cache, dalvik art/ cache
- Return to TWRP main menu and tap on install
- Select the ColorOS rom you downloaded earlier and swipe to install
- wait for the installation to complete
- Once installation is complete, reboot your device
Note: First boot would take 5-10minutes, so, don’t panic, grab a glass of water while the booting process completes.
Viola, you’ve successfully installed ColorOS custom rom for Tecno Y2.
- ColorOs Team - Abdulrahman Atif (porting to y2) - Other devs